Monday, January 26, 2009

Eco Rio Benefit

Before I begin let me just get this fact out in the open. YES, I AM WORKING FOR JIM!

So my first big challenge was when Jim came to me and said, "I have been approached about doing a benefit for Eco Rio. They are a watch dog organization here on the river and help with our recent security issues. Oh, and you have 5 weeks to pull something together!"

Because I just love a challenge and can be pretty focused when needed I accepted his challenge. Between Jim, Marco, the Board of Eco Rio and the absolutely fantastic staff here at Mario's Marina we pulled off a Silent Auction, Buffet, Live Music by the Sweet River Band, for 140 people! What a smashing success!

The Band was as HOT as it ever has been. The staff had a perfectly planned meal for 60-80 and when that number jumped exponentially they pulled out all the stops and kept on cooking. Trish jumped in behind the bar and then washed plates and silverware faster then I have ever seen it done. Mike and Judy off of SV Por Fin helped on two fronts, serving food and working the auction tables. I must also thank Michael and Cynthia for running the front gate and selling the Benefit T-shirts. Jim kept the evening going with Door Prize drawings and the occasional song. Marco proved that he has additional talents as well. Marco was in the kitchen cooking! I hope someone tells Mirna about this secret talent.

If you are interested in all the news articles please go to Rio Dulce Chisme

So when people may tell me "good job", I must tell them it wasn't me. It was all the wonderful people who stepped up to the plate. (I am very good at getting others to pitch it.) Thanks everyone YOU ALL DID A GREAT JOB!

No comments: