Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cold, Driving and Beans

I have forgotten what it means to be cold.  For the first time in almost 7 years my feet are COLD!  I am wearing long sleeves!  I am wearing shoes with socks!

Driving again is always an adventure.  Now we have our lovely tow dolly to take our "dinghy" with us.  It works great and we don't worry about getting pooped.  We do worry about tailgaters.  I still feel like we are in shallow water when we go through big cities.


RV Parks are just like marinas.  There are welcome packets, events and activities and lots of advice givers.  Instead of sea stories you get road stories.  Fortunately for us we got one of the last three spaces at Davis Monthan AFB.  What a great place at the foothills of the Catalina Mountains.  The park is clean, the showers are hot and very private, the laundry is reasonable and the room is very clean.  The staff is friendly and helpful.


Some of you are aware of the Baked Bean shortage in Guatemala.  We have been looking for them for months and Roger and Carole on SV Androsian have not been able to find them.  Jim searches in Guatemala City for them with no luck.  Carole, you will be happy to know that there is no shortage in the USA.  They are everywhere I go to shop...even in the food stores at the gas stations!  Not to worry I will eat some for you.


Mom is taking good care of us.  Homemade dessert every night!  More Wii Fit in my future.

No comments: