Friday, January 20, 2012

A Website I Hope I Never Have to Use

CaringBridge.org is a non-profit organization that helps keep family and friends updated about a loved one that is in hospital or hospice.
According to their website you create a personalized patient website.  Let CaringBridge make each health journey easier by providing private, online journals.

The site helps you create a FREE easy-to-create website including a blog.

Recently I used this service. A friend's father was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  They created a website for him and I was able to follow via an updated site about what was happening.  More importantly I was able to communicate with them and offer my support.

For anyone that has had to try and keep a multitude of caring family and friends up-to-date on the daily hospital happenings knows how exhausting this can be.   By the time you get home you just want to lay down.  Now via this wonderful site you can write one update and everyone can read it at their leisure and feel fully informed.

I sure wish we would have known about this service when my Dad had brain surgery.  It would have made my Mom's life easier.

Thank you CaringBridge for your wonderful service.

No comments: