Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I have a favor...may-be two

First I believe that we all have the right to our opinions.  Secondly we have the right to express them.  I do not, however, believe that we have the right to bully others with our opinions.

My first favor.  Please stop sending me emails about political candidates.  You will not change my mind.  You especially will not change my mind when you continue to bash, bastardize, and vomit vitriol on any candidate.  You claim in one post that you are a Christian and in the next post you have some vile half truth posted that you want to shove down my throat.  You do not check your facts.  You just continue to spread what ever is out there on the internet.  I can find enough garbage on my own.  I really do not need your help.

I think that good open discourse is necessary.  I find very little of that in the emails and posts that I am reading.  I would hope that we would spend our energy on finding common ground and solutions that truly will help us be The Greatest Country In The World.

My second favor:  This favor is tied to the first.  Please do not put my email address out there for everyone on your list.  Because you have done this in the past your zealot friends now have my address and are flooding my email with the same political crap that you just sent me.  Learn how to use the CC and BCC features of your email.  I know it is harder to do on your phone or tablet, but you can do it.  Learn how.

Thanks for listening to my rant. ~Cindy

No comments: