Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just some thoughts


Salt water has a curative effect on my soul.  I love being away from the dock even though it means power and water management and a lot more planning for everything you do.
A typical day is I wake up at around 4:30 am and try and doze until 6 am.  I start the coffee and sit in the cockpit.  I survey the harbor or anchorage, adjust the solar panels and by then the coffee is done.  Pour myself a cup and read for awhile.  Michael gets up and starts the SSB.  We listen for weather and the Northwest Caribbean NET.  Usually I start cooking breakfast around 8 am while the NET is on.
If we are on a cay then it is time to think about snorkeling.  We had some really great snorkels out at South Long Cocoa Cay and at Wipperi.  Thanks to John on Up Jinks I now have an underwater camera!  My first attempts weren’t too bad and some are quite good. 

At Wipperi we are with Rodney and Katrina on Angelina.  They are from Texas and cruised with Larry and Jean when they owned Dragonheart.  We share our wine and spaghetti and they share their beer and conch (fresh caught and cleaned).   At South Long Cocoa they share their mooring ball and we raft up.

So now we are back in the harbor and we make water and shop, eat gelato, and make Happy Hour.  We get the laundry done and re-provision.  Ah, fresh  veggies.  How I crave them once we run out.
We have 30 more days in Belize and then it is back to the Rio.  I think I will go back out and snorkel some more….the Rio can wait.

No comments: