Sunday, September 12, 2010

Purpose and Passion


I need purpose.  I don’t play well with others unless I have a sense of purpose in my overall life.  If Cindy is unhappy with Cindy…well she ain’t happy with nobody else.

So I am on a quest,  a quest for purpose.  You would think as a daughter, sister, aunt, mother, grandmother, wife, nurse, and counselor that I would be filled with purpose.  Well something is missing.  I can’t tell you what “it” is that is missing, but I know it.

I figure as long as I am on a quest I should have a good time on the journey.  This journey will take some twists and turns.  They may not make sense, but I am sure that they will be important.

Lately, partly because I have really great FREE unlimited WIFI I have been surfing the web.  Right now it is recipes.  I find myself drooling and salivating and talking to myself about ingredients. 

I have fallen in love with Ree Drummond of The Pioneer Woman website.  I truly don’t know how she does it all.  Blog, home school, photographs, conventions, keep house.  I know how she does it.  She is a woman.  She multi-tasks.  She took a passion a purpose and made it work for her.  I am sure she is making money at all this.  In fact, I know she is because I bought her cookbook on Amazon.

Fortunately for me we currently are in Tucson where my parents live.  Michael is now well enough to visit so we set out yesterday with grocery bags full, recipes in hand and took a step on the quest.

Last night was a dinner of Provolone-Apricot-Stuffed Chicken. The recipe was courtesy of the Rachel Ray magazine.  One rule of thumb for me is…if there are pictures of the food, then I am more likely to cook it.



Rachel, Ree and all the contributors for all the food sites have great photos.  So I also packed my camera when I went to cook.  Now if only I would have taken a meat mallet.   Never fear, being a cruiser has taught me that you can make do.  And make do I did.  My dad lent me my grandfather’s hammer to pound that chicken.  Worked great.











Dessert was a recipe from The Tasty Kitchen website.  Apple Dumplings.  The different ingredient in this recipe was a can of Mountain Dew.  Yes, Mountain Dew.  OMG they were to die for…


 










Now for the best part of the entire dinner, drum roll please – The Clean-Up Crew!

No comments: