Friday, March 4, 2011

And She Cooks!

Cynthia has shown an interest in cooking.  I am thrilled.  This means that she will start to cook and I can have a day off.  Though I really like cooking.

Zin Zen Chicken
Rice in a Chicken and Wine Broth
For Christmas Cynthia got a Rachel Ray Cookbook.  It has pictures so that you know what the food is suppose to look like when you are preparing the meal.

Her first meal was Zin Zen Chicken.  Wow!  It was tasty, well prepared and I think that she enjoyed it.  In fact, she is now preparing dinner every Wednesday.  I am enjoying looking at recipes with her and shopping and watching her learn new techniques.
Plating



Papa eating!

Another upside of this is that I have engaged in a life-style change.  That is fancy terminology for "Dieting".  Started a food journal and bought a bicycle for exercise.  I am dropping some pounds and I feel better.  Cynthia is a tough task master and an inspiration to keep on keeping on!

No comments: