Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jiminy Cricket

Pinocchio had Jiminy Cricket and I have Cynthia.  Jiminy Cricket was the conscience of Pinocchio and helped keep Pinocchio out of trouble.

Now don't get the idea that I lack a conscience.  I have a fairly developed one.  However, sometimes I need a good swift kick in the ass to get moving.  That is where Cynthia comes in.  She reminds me that I need to do things.  Things that take me out of the RV and into PUBLIC!

I have forgotten how to interact with the general public.  Part of me is still in the "Guatemala" frame of mind.  Part of me has gotten complacent because this last year has been a "limbo time" for us.  Waiting on doctors and test results and making health decisions.

Cynthia borrowed the Weekender from my sister's newspaper and started to circle activities.  The next part of her evil plan was to involve me in said activities.  This week begins part three of the plan.  I must go to the activities. 


Here I come writers group and book club and community theater.  Cynthia will come to some of the same activities, but not all.  She needs to get use to not being with me 24-7.  Seems like our little cocoon of a life is getting ready to expand.

1 comment:

Ranting Sailor said...

I'm afraid that next year we will start facing a lot of the same issues. Being here and in Honduras you develop close friends and associations that keep you feeling all safe and warm. Not sure I am ready for the cold cruel world........maybe it's not ready for me.