Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just a Little Church Rant

Please forgive me in advance for this little rant.  I have set on this for a couple of days and it still is bothering me.

Sunday at Mass I was distracted.  Here are some of the things that distracted me:

  • The ADHD father and son next to me.  Fidgeting and talking continuously
  • The ladies in the front who talk during the Rosary, Mass, after communion, etc
  • The couple in front of me talking to the people in front of them during the petitions
  • The individuals that feel the need during the Sign of Peace to walk around the Church to all their friends
  • The individuals that don't sing.  If God gave you a bad singing voice give it back to Him!
  • The Eucharistic Minister that will NOT distribute Communion any place put next to the priest 
In reality none of these things should have distracted me.  I am not a Saint, I can only hope to be a Saint in the making.  I should not be at Mass to watch those individuals around me.  My focus should be on The Sacrifice of the Mass.

Even though I know where my focus should be I am easily distracted and then I get irritated and then I realize that I and only I did NOT really attend Mass.  Instead I chose to pay more attention to the distractions, not the Sacrifice.

What can I say?  I will try harder, but Lord could you at least drop those other people a nudge?  Thanks in advance.

Love,
Cindy

No comments: