Thursday, July 5, 2012

Changing Lanes

One thing I know for sure.  Just when you think  you know where your life is headed you find you have to Change Lanes.



This past year has found us moving in directions that we never dreamed of going.  We find ourselves living in the desert of all places and slowly it is growing on me.  I dream of rain and lush green hillsides and find that even though there are palm trees they are surrounded with desert.   But there is a beauty here with the shadows that play across the mountains and mesas. Humming birds are bountiful and the flora and fauna is amazing as it sneaks up on you after even a dusting of raindrops.
In the Land of Beige

We decided that living in the little Class C motorhome was no longer a viable option and have moved into a park model home.  We are still in the same spot with a great view of the Colorado River.  We just have more room in this lane.
Kitchen
New Living Space

Michael has changed lanes and been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and has bleeding esophageal varices.  This has landed him in the hospital twice in month.  He is stable now and on a low sodium and bland diet.  It is a difficult change of lanes but one that was a long time coming.

In case that you think I have dodged lane changing you would be wrong.  My lane change was also a long time coming.  I was diagnosed as diabetic.  I am on oral medications and of course a diabetic diet.  Long family history and well, I just plain didn't take good care of myself.

(If any of you have some ideas on how to combine all three diets I am more than open to suggestions.)



Cynthia is changing lanes.  She is taking Drivers Training and learning how to drive a car.  I do believe it is harder than being at the helm of our Dragonheart.




As Cynthia tells me changing lanes can be scarey.  You have to look at so many things at the same time before you do it.  Otherwise,  you may just crash.  We have our signals on and we are moving over.  Watch for us!

No comments: