Thursday, December 20, 2007

Shopping for Christmas


Yesterday was a banner day at Mario's Marina. Armed with the list from the church in the village of Esmeralda we headed for Puerto Barrios to buy the gifts for the children 80+ strong.

Four gringa women divided the list by sex and age and bought gifts for each and every child. It was a sight to see.

Today we started the wrapping process. If you can imagine 80+ children, three gifts a piece wrapped and tagged ready for delivery. That was the Cayuco Club today.

I must say that Santa visited early for me and my family. While stopping in Morales for the mail, I was surprised to have a package. It was from my brother and his partner. Christmas music on Cd. Eight discs with a wide variety of music for the season. Thanks Joe and Alex it made the wrapping much more enjoyable.

No comments: