Friday, February 8, 2008

Celebration Time Come On



On Wednesday the marina van goes to Morales a town about 45 minutes away. That is were the mail box is located. Right outside the Post Office is a young man listening to his Mp3 player selling the most beautiful fresh cut flowers. Roses by the dozen in every color for Q25 or $3 US!

This last Wednesday I happened to be on the van trip. So when our long awaited mail packet came I was so happy that I bought 4 dozen roses. I was having a great day and wanted to celebrate. It was great fun to pass out roses to my friends and share my celebratory mood.

I miss fresh cut flowers. It was one of my biggest joys to stop on the way home from work and purchase cut flowers. Now I find out that I live in a country that supplies most of the florist roses for the USA! So when you are gifting your Valentine on the the 14th think about us here in the land of ROSES.

And yes, Gerry, I will be enjoying my iPod music and video whilst stopping to smell the roses. I promise to keep a good watch when underway.

No comments: