Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The New Oakland Mall In Guatemala City

Well it sure looks like Norte America to me.  North Face, I Shop, Claire's, Pizza Hut, etc.  The new mall in Guatemala City is impressive to say the least.  Three floors and an indoor Merry-Go-Round on the third floor,  more kiosks than you can shake a stick at, bookstores with books in English, and let's not forget the resaurant that is inside a salt water aquarium.

We ended up spending the day at the mall.  Now that is something that we just do not do much of anymore. 
We had to keep closing our mouths.  It was wonderful to just walk around and see everything that they had to offer.

We had lunch at a new resaurant called Skillets...Laid Back Gourmet Dining.  It was fabulous.  We had burgers that riveled anything that we had back in Orlando.  In fact my Bahia Burger ( a burger topped with melted swiss cheese and then garlic shrimp on top of that) didn't need any catsup or mustard...just my mouth wrapped around it!  Michael had a half portion of what they call sliders.  Two miniature burgers with fries.  Did I mention that the fries had skins on?  Man where they good.  Cynthia was the only one that behaved herself.  She had a chicken salad.



We had a great time and I am sure that USAA is thinking about blocking that VISA Card right about now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a good time to me. I have been to that mall and I was also impressed. The people were just as nice. felt like I was in the states. I am happy to see progress.