Monday, March 2, 2009

Can We Leave Now? Please

I  am ready to slip the bonds of the dock, pull the plug on the power, and jump over the side and swim with some fish!
  The awnings came down yesterday, just in time for a gully washer of a storm.  Lightening included.  Yes, the boat leaked!  We tracked them down this morning.  Lines are soaking in buckets of  OxyClean, the deck has been washed.  The bimini needs to be washed.  Batteries are being checked.  Sails have been checked and raised.  The furler seems to be working.  The new frig system is installed and working well.  Heck I can make ice for the first time since we moved on the boat.

I have been filling the lockers with paper products, food, toiletries, etc.  There is an unending list of "should we get more of....?"

There are thousand of reasons/excuses to stay here at the dock, but my heart is always happiest on the open water.  I love my little cocoon and the time to contemplate my belly button.  I love looking out the hatch over my bed and seeing stars instead of the awning.  I love looking at charts and waypoints, listening to the weather on the SSB.  I love that fact that I can change neighborhoods by picking up my anchor and moving the boat.  I love it that when the boat is rocked by a wake at anchor we don't have to worry about hitting the dock.  I love having a glass of wine in my cockpit and watching the sun set over the ocean, while the water laps against the hull.

Most of all I love being on the boat with just us.  To Michael and Cynthia who make "Just Us" so special.

No comments: