Friday, March 6, 2009

How Did I Get So Lucky?

I am blessed!  I have a 13 year old on board our boat.  She puts up with my awful singing and much much more.  She has introduced me to P!NK and Nickleback, Snow Patrol, New Found Glory and so much more.

Cynthia is an enigma and the younger version of myself.  She is shy, loud, proud, timid, sure of her self and the total loss of confidence!  She is womanhood and girlhood all wrapped up into one.  She is the moon and the sun simultaneously.  She blows my mind!!  We can share a book, a movie, a song and nothing at all at the same time.

She has insight into me and my generation.  She is a child.  She is brilliant!  Right now she is putting up with me and playing her ipod at the pain level while washing dishes and when I burst into song she smiles with a smile that says it all and yet accepts me for me.  I always know that I am COOL.  The trouble is convincing her that I am as cool as I think that I am.

I am a lucky grandma.... sometime she thinks that I am as cool as I think that I am.  And when she evaluates me with her magnifying glass I may come up short, but in the end we can still stand in front of the Karaoke mic and sing,  "Build Me up Buttercup" with perfect harmony.

What more could you want?

No comments: