Friday, January 7, 2011

Addiction

 My name is Cindy and I am addicted to Apps.

As a therapist when I think of addiction I usually think of Drugs and Alcohol.  Now there are sex, gambling and computer addictions.

Since I switched to Apple/Mac I have become addicted to Apps!  The 99 cent ones are my favorite ones.  Free is even better.  Then before you know it you are looking at $9.99 ones and then it's $14.00 ones.  Okay, I admit that I have purchased a $30 app!  It was for learning Spanish and I do use it.  See I can justify it so easily.


You can have apps for your iPhone, iTouch, iPad and now for your Mac.  In the first 15 minutes I consumed and my enabler husband helped me download 5.  The first one was free and just to see what it was like.  It was like crack...the next four were so easy!

I find that I watch and read about all the new tech gadgets.  Gadgets have always been a problem.  Now there are apps for those gadgets.  If one browser is good at least three are better.

Not only is my son sending me apps to think about, now I can download it on my Mac and I wanted it before he even talked to me.  You will be proud of me.  I am waiting a little longer.  It costs....drum roll...$79.  Even I have to stop and think about that one.

I won't download an app today.  That's all I can promise for now.

No comments: