Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's Mother's Day Again

One more trip around the sun and I am lucky enough to still have my Mom with me.
 She can still out walk me.  Heck she puts me to shame with her energy and giving.
Mom


Mom and Dad


Helen, Mom, & Me
She volunteers at the VA Hospital in Tucson, goes to Bible Study, cleans and cooks and does laundry.  She listens to my woes and encourages me when I need it.  She will kick me in my butt when I need that too.  She has always been my biggest supporter and always told me the truth when I needed to hear it the most.

In the past year I feel that I have grown to know her more than I ever have known her.  It is easier now.  I am still her kid, but the playing field is leveling out as I grown older. (I still feel like a kid around her.)  We talk more now on the phone.  Easier since I am in the States.

We are look at old photos together and share stories and clarify history.  We laugh and cry together.   She tells me of her dreams and how happy she is with her life.  It is a good one.
Mom

So thank you Mom for all the things you have done for me, for the lessons you taught me and for the ones you let me learn on my own.  Thanks for the times you let me sit on the toilet while you were bathing and tell you all my troubles.  Thanks for the hugs the kisses and the kicks in the butt when I needed them.
 THANKS FOR BELIEVING IN ME!

No comments: