Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SmartPhones, Twitter, and Facebook

Most of us by now have some sort of smartphone.  We take photos and post to Twitter and Facebook live.

Professional athletes and Celebrities post their pithy thoughts on various subjects and some get them in trouble.

Privacy is a thing of the past.  If we see something that we like we post it.  If we something that we don't like, we post it.  I try to be careful of what I post these days, but sometimes I have a short fuse.  Today was one of those days.

We are members of FMCA (Family Motorcoach Association).  We have a plaque with our membership number displayed on the rear ladder of our coach.  Most members do the same.  So there it is for all the world to see.   And then we do something for all the world to see.

Sam's Club, Bullhead  City, AZ.  There is is in all it's glory a Class A motorhome with it's FMCA plaque displayed, tow vehicle behind it parked across the lane of traffic.  There were lots of options that would not have blocked the lane, but they didn't choose one of those options.  No, they blocked traffic.

So smartphone in hand I took photos.  I posted the photos on Facebook.  I don't tweet, which is probably a good thing.  And now I am going to post the photos on my blog.  I posted on the FMCA page and started a discussion.  I am on my soapbox.
Rude and Dangerous

See the plaque?

RVers have a bad rap out there.  We drive too slow or too fast.  We double tow, where allowed and we generally forget that some of us are over 40 feet without that vehicle or trailer full of toys behind us.  So when we pull into Wal-Mart, Sam's or Costco we should try and find an area that will allow us to park out of the way and yet still have an easy way out.  We shouldn't block lanes!

Let's all remember to share the Parking Lot.  Thanks.

No comments: