Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Once again Thanksgiving is upon us.  All ready it is our second Thanksgiving in the States.  Time does fly.  We have so very much to be thankful for:

  • Michael survived cancer and radiation
  • All the kids are employed, except Cynthia and she is working on school
  • We don't have to work
  • My parents are alive and well
  • The grand kids are healthy and growing like weeds
  • I found a church that I love
  • I have good friends
  • I started writing
  • Cynthia continues to be a delight, please don't tell her I said so.
 There are so many things to be thankful for in this country, even if it seems that we are divided politically, don't agree on how to worship, and can find so many things to disagree on.  We still are the best country.

My hope for all of you is that when you sit down at your overflowing table of food that you take a minute to remember all those who don't have a table to set down to.   All those who will be spending their first Thanksgiving without their husband, wife, father, mother, brother, or sister.  And just may-be you will find a way to give to those less fortunate, not just during the Holidays but all year long.


No comments: