Monday, January 28, 2008

It's A Waffle House Morning


Living on a boat you give up some things, like a 110 waffle iron. Little did I know just how important Waffles were to Michael.

In the little town of Rio Dulce in Guatemala the local grocery store has recently been aquired by Wal-Mart. So we are getting new items daily. Two or three months ago they got waffle irons. Michael asked me if I wanted one and the answer was not only no but hell no!

I was not going to use our generator to run an electric waffle iron while on the hook. So I was not at all surprised when he came back with his new waffle iron. For two weeks it sat on the sole (floor) of the boat until I stashed it away in some settee storage area. There was not any room in my galley and I didn't want the thing.

So Michael has taken quite a lot of heat over the waffle iron. I said I wasn't particularly fond of waffles and if he wanted them he would have to make them himself.

Enter Cindy on S/V Suenos. She decided to help Michael out. So this morning the waffle iron made it's maiden appearance and produced some pretty fine waffles. Since the restaurant is closed on Mondays, Jim let them use the kitchen to cook. All the marina was invited all they had to bring was an appetite, butter, syrup or jelly.

The day was a success, however, I am still not making waffles while on the hook or tied up in a marina.

Michael and Cindy checking a waffle.

2 comments:

Gerry said...

Spoken like a true Dragon!

Diana said...

It really was a wonderful treat, and I thank both Mikey and Cindi(svSueno). However, you should probably keep the waffle iron (like Mikey) on a short leash! :)