Friday, September 26, 2008

STEAK

 Our daughter, Tina, and her partner, Jennifer, joined us for a couple of days in Orlando. We wanted to go out for a steak dinner. Gerry & Geoffery said that they had had the best steak in Orlando at Charley's Steak House. I can't remember if they said anything about price, however they did say it was the BEST steak that they had had in a long time.

So after a long day of parks and riding rollercoasters we decided to go to Charley's. I was afraid the minute that we walked into the door. The decor was judge's paneling, wine racks, lush carpeting and the waiters/waitresses were better dressed than us!

The real shock came when we opened the menus. Now these are not just menus these are over sized leather with gold ribbon menus. It took two hands to hold them and my carpel tunnel syndrome started to kick up. There was NOT a entree under $30.00 and I didn't even look at the appetizers. The kids kept asking if I was okay. I was barely able to breath.

I quickly realized that the girls couldn't afford this meal. Yes, I know we could have and should have walked out with our dignity and credit rating intact. Another family did just that, but NO....we stayed and looked at the wine list like it would save us. It did not. So with all the graciousness that I could muster while performing CPR on myself, I stated, "This is our treat. Order what you want." I must say that they were kind and didn't go for the most expensive meal. So we all settled down and enjoyed the meal of a lifetime. At the end of the meal they put up the $40 tip. Jennifer made my night when she stated, "That was the best meal I have ever had in my entire life." I sure hope she wasn't blowing smoke.

I wonder if I could get the recipe for that califlower, jalepeno, cheese, cassarole dish?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gerry said...

So glad you had a good meal BUT we actually recommended CHUCK'S steakhouse!!

Oh well!!

Gerry said...

Oh and it was in Fort Lauderdale.