Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I've Been Facebooked!


I swore that I would never join a social networking website.  “Never ,say never. “   I am hooked on Facebook.  It all started out so very innocently.  MK asked her mom, Beth to join and then came the fateful email to me.
“Would you like to be friends with Beth?”  I thought we were friends.  Actually, I think it asked if I wanted to view her photos.  Of course, I want to see her photos.  Well if you want that then you must sign up for an account.
The next thing I know I am signing up to be friends with friends.  We are sharing photos, videos, our neophyte questions and mutual friends.  We are posting on walls and creating groups.  We are joining groups.  We are constantly IMing or emailing each other.  I thought a Blog was hard enough to keep up.
To add insult to injury I keep going in my profile to add that I am married and Michael is the name of my husband.  Even when I save the changes his name doesn’t show up.  After several frustrating tries, Cynthia says, “That’s because he doesn’t have an account.”  Duh!  I can fix that.  First get him his own email account.  Now open a Facebook account.  Send him a message to add me as a friend.  He accepts me.  Go back to my profile and add his name.  Get the message that he must confirm that we are in a relationship!  Since I have all his account info I confirm for him that we are in a relationship.  See how easy that was.
I am afraid that Facebook is starting to eat into my day.  I haven’t dusted in days and all I can think about is who can I search for on Facebook.
This is getting silly, but I am enjoying it.  Thanks for the invite, Beth!

No comments: