Monday, August 23, 2010

Do NOT Read this...It May Offend you and I am on my Soapbox

I was watching FOX News, Hannity in particular, because that is what Michael watches. I consider myself an independent. I try, sometimes without success to look at both sides.

Well, get ready because I am on my Soapbox. Ms. Leeann Tweeden was on as a member of the "All American Panel." First off her outfit pissed me off. There she is in some sort of Army Green Fatigues that sport a number one in red, white, and blue. There is an emblem that states, "Support The Troops" Under her name is..."Television Personality". Right. As a disabled Vet I am appalled at her outfit. If she supports the troops I can give the address for the nearest Recruiting Center. She then can support the troops standing toe-to-toe with them on the front line.

 I have never liked anyone wearing a version of the uniform that I wore with pride.

Yes, according to her MySpace page she has done several USO shows in Iraq.  I am sure our young men and women appreciate that she took time out to go and give them some relief from the war.

So I googled Ms. Tweeden. Very interesting. Here is her Wikipedia page. (I copied it)

Leeann Velez Tweeden (born June 13, 1973) is an American model. Tweeden was born in Manassas, Virginia. She graduated from Osbourn Park High School in 1991. Tweeden skipped college altogether and instead pursued a career in modeling. Just two years after leaving her Virginia High school, while working as a hostess at a Hooters restaurant (she was in their 1994 calendar) in Colorado Springs, Colorado, she won first place in the Venus International Model Search in 1992. This break led to national exposure. Tweeden modeled for promotional work for Hooters and Venus International along with Frederick's of Hollywood and Playboy.


The March 2007 Issue of FHM (which was the final printed US issue) features Leeann as the cover girl.[1]


Tweeden was a correspondent for Fox Sports Net's Best Damn Sports Show Period from 2000 to 2007. In 2008, Tweeden became the third hostess of the NBC late night television series Poker After Dark.[2] She was a guest on the Sean Hannity Show on 1/20/2010, 02/24/2010, 04/30/2010, 06/21/2010, 07/20/2010 and 8/23/2010 on the Great American Panel.[3]


As part of Hooters' 25th anniversary in 2008, Tweeden was named among "The Top Hooters Girls of all time".[4]


In 2009 she became the public face of the website Rethinking Autism which uses a series of videos to educate the public about autism.[5]


I applaud your support of Autism.

But really, this is who we are listening to for political insight.  I have trouble with this when the first thing you see on Google are the photos of Ms. Tweeden in various half dressed poses.  And in case you are wondering.  FHM...For Him Magazine.


Are we all thinking with our small heads???




Her Quote:

“If it weren’t for those men and women, there’s no way I’d be on TV or be able to do FHM,” Leeann says. “I’d probably be covered in a burka—and what a waste that would be.”[6]

Mr. Hannity...if you want me to take you seriously then please do me the courtesy of having people I can listen to that may actually know what they are talking about.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree 100%

Anonymous said...

Agree 100%