Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A View From the Park

The Millers are in an RV Park in Bullhead City, Arizona.  Sometimes when I look around at the dessert I feel like I have been dropped on the planet Arrakis from the movie Dune!  There is nothing like going from a world of water to a world almost devoid of water.


The dessert is beautiful in a stark way.  The shades of tan change with the sun, shadow and moon-glow.
There are mountains that we look at daily.  They are across the Colorado river and in the State of Nevada.  I find that I am as mesmerized by them as I am by Cerro San Gil in Guatemala.  The clouds and other celestial bodies play across them in an ever changing kaleidoscope of shadow and sunlight.


And there are birds.  We have a Roadrunner that comes by every day at 4pm.  You can almost set your watch by him.  He has been as close as a foot away and doesn't run if you approach slowly.  It reminds of Edgar Allen Egret from Mario's Marina.  We also have quail.  Can't get them to approach the motor home, but with enough food we may yet be successful.


It is a little chilly for my tropically thinned blood.  I am even wearing long pants and shirts with sleeves!  But I find if I stand in the sun and close my eyes I can hear the water lapping against the boat, if just for a moment.

1 comment:

traveldestination said...

Yes, me too like alot birds. I usually go to national museum and sanctuary for enjoying the wild and animal life.
If you wann visit and look for some flights and holidays package then southalltravel can be useful.