Friday, August 22, 2008

Turk's Heads, Knots and More

I love knots. The trouble is that I am not very good at them. My friend, Roy, helped me do a lovely Turk's Head for the Kingpin on the wheel. Trouble was...I didn't do it on the Kingpin. Heck it has been on the wheel for over seven years. We got use to it.

Well today Geoffrey offered to have a class for Kim and I and I made sure I had the knot on the correct spoke. Several demonstrations later suddenly Geoffrey is offering to do my entire wheel in lovely French Hitches and each spoke with a Turk's Head and the Kingpin with a special 5 bight four bend Turk's Head. Yea...I am just as confused as the rest of you, but it will look great when it is finished.

So I am not sure if I passed the class. I promise I will practice. But in the end I will have a lovely wheel and we had a great morning looking at different knots and projects.

No comments: